We love anyone that loves Philly & food as much as we do, and StarChefs.com is definitely bringing the love. They’re throwing an event to celebrate our best and brightest and we’re giving away a pair of tickets.
The What: They’re calling this a “walk around tasting gala” but all we hear is “look super fancy/get super tipsy while trying food and booze from close to 20 of Philly’s best spots.”
The When & Where: Thursday, February 21, from 7pm – 9:30pm, VIP Reception starts at 5:45pm at the Kimmel Center
The 5 Things You Gotta Know:
1. Update! Congrats to Elena F. for winning tickets to the event! This contest is now over. Enter to win a pair of general admission tickets by tweeting us something you’ve tried and loved/something you are dying to try from one of the culinary magicians listed below. Include @phillyism, the hash tag #starchefs, and the handle of the restaurant if they’ve got one (photos of the goods always encouraged). If you aren’t a Tweeter, just “like” this blog entry and comment at the bottom with your response. Winner will be randomly chosen on February 18th, good luck!
2. This crazy amazing night isn’t going to be cheap – tickets are $90 per person with VIP tickets at $115. More details about the tickets and what luxurious items VIP gets you here.
The list of places/people is intense…in that way that’s so good it’s borderline dangerous.
3. This is the only place where you’ll get to grub on: Scallop Crudo from Fork, Bloody Beet Steak from Farm and the Fisherman (pictured above), Smoked Salmon Belly from Vernick, Milkshakes from Franklin Fountain, Spiced Eggplant from Zahav, cocktails from Franklin Mortgage and wine pairings all in one place. And that’s just the tip of this Titanic sized foodberg. Check out all the winning dishes here, it’s insane.
4. This was way too interesting to leave out: StarChefs.com™ features more than 30,000 published pages of original, chef-focused culinary content, and it generates traffic of over 30 million hits a month (dear god) and has been nominated for Best Web Site for Food and Nutrition by the James Beard Foundation.
5. StarChefs is back in Philly for the first time since 2004. Their editor-in-Chief, Antoinette Bruno, is excited to be back in town as “a new generation of chefs are opening up independent restaurants and putting their own stamp on the city’s food scene.” Glad to have ya.
If you’re not already drooling, this Salumi Board from Artisan Joe Cicala of Le Virtù will also be there…
Smoked Salmon Belly, Golden Egg, and Parmesan Vinaigrette from Greg Vernick of Vernick Food & Drink
All photos courtesy of Starchefs.com.